Monday 11 February 2013

the other, Rest energy 1980


This is best of Abramovic to me, celebration of the moment and being in present. pleasure of feeling live by getting very close to death! I like this performance for many reasons but risk option is on top of my list.  How she is dependent on him and the fact that arrow is facing her and that he is in power to penetrate bring it close to discourse of feminism. Fragments of Pina's choreography is very similar to this performance.

I have same reasoning to find this sculpture by henry moor interesting. There's a edition of it in contemporary museum of Tehran and I remember I was holding my hand on the sharp edges when I was passing by.

I might have thought of sharp edges in my work when I made Spell a few years ago.


 
Death proof, by Quentin Tarantino.
"Tarentino films have been characterized for nonlinear storylines, satirical subject matter and the aestheticization of violence that often results in the exhibition of neo-noir characteristics'
"...Tarantino presents violence as a form of expressive art...[in which the]...violence is so physically graceful, visually dazzling and meticulously executed that our instinctual, emotional responses undermine any rational objections we may have. Tarantino is able to transform an object of moral outrage into one of aesthetic beauty
"Beauty and violence", he calls the film "a groundbreaking aestheticization of violence." is "a breathtaking landscape in which art and violence coalesce into one unforgettable aesthetic experience".


                                          

Fight club! 

No comments:

Post a Comment