Monday 11 February 2013

dOCUMENTA (13) - William Kentridge - The Refusal Of Time,


I think I dreamed of similar kinetic sculpture once, only I'm not sure if it was after seeing this in Documenta or before. I enjoyed this work in all aspect, sound and animations was so immersive and playful that I was almost losing my flight on last minute to come back to London. This peice was like when you're dreaming and you know you are dreaming. Yet you want to save important information in your asleep memory for the time you wake up as you know it's vital information.  The surreal atmosphere, the play between real and fiction, and composition of sync/ out of sync image and sound, also voice over of narrator on top of all was extraordinary. The peice was offering garvity of meaning in dreamy and often chaotic format. Use of black colour in Kentridge works is bold as always and this drawn audience in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment